PHO4UHC – A BRIDGING LEADERSHIP APPROACH IN MAKING YOUR HEALTH SYSTEM UHC-READY
The enactment of UHC ushers in a new era in public health presenting leaders with a bigger challenge in leading and managing their provincial health systems. This program is focused on enabling provincial health officers with practical skills on strategic leadership and management to support an effective and responsive health system for better provincial health outcomes. The program employs a “train-interact-apply” learning approach to facilitate a high-level of self- and system-awareness, build and strengthen trust-building relationships with key partners and stakeholders for collaborative response, and establish new institutional and community-based arrangements for a more effective and responsive health system.
The program is a train-interact-apply change journey distributed in 6-month practicum periods across a 1-year program timeline
- Train – 3-day, 2 module face-to-face workshop/playshop
- Interact – Learn from others thru coaching and mentoring, peer learning, community immersions/dialogic encounters and stakeholder interactions
- Apply – Apply learnings in actual work- and life situations on health system development
Participants completing the program at the highest level of achievement shall be able to:
- Demonstrate personal mastery and systems understanding as personal leadership responses in personal and shared visions of the UHC future aspired for;
- Perform new and adaptive approaches in multi-stakeholder processes for collaborative response on identified health system challenges and inequities;
- Implement innovative and systems-based solutions and new institutional arrangements responsive to identified UHC-based provincial health system challenges;
- Apply core project management principles and tools in designing and implementing solutions and programs;
- Integrate reflections and learnings into a UHC health system action plan for supporting their provincial health systems;
- Create a personal leadership and management plan to ensure achievement of their UHC health system action plan.
The Zuellig Family Foundation Institute for Health Leadership is offering the following courses and programs for interested organizations and agencies that want to enrol their key leaders and managers in continuing public health leadership and development programs. Ideal participants include unit heads, program managers, public health professionals, and development workers. A maximum of 25 participants will be allowed per class to ensure a productive learning environment.
Developing and Deepening Leadership and Management Competencies on:
- Personal Mastery
- Strategic Management of the Provincial Health System
- Evidence-based Planning and Policy-Making
- Leading and Managing Change
- Leading Teams and Multiple Stakeholders
- People Management and Development
- Program/Project Management
- Championing and Sustaining Social Innovations
Available upon request.
May 7–10, 2019
- Health Eco-System Analysis of the UHC era
- Bridging Leadership Framework
- Program/Project Management for a UHC-Ready Health System
- Designing UHC-Based Innovations
- Leading and Managing Change thru Adaptive Leadership
- Organizational Development and People Management
- Establishing a Functional Health Care Provider Network